Healthy Teeth PA is a collaborative project between the Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (PAAAP) and the Pennsylvania Head Start Association (PHSA).
PA Head Start Association (PHSA) is a non-profit membership organization. PHSA is an advocacy organization for Head Start programs, families, staff and administrators in Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania Head Start Association creates ONE CLEAR, POWERFUL VOICE for children and families who are economically challenged. We embrace diversity and unify the early childhood community by being a responsive, thriving organization, leading the charge for training, information sharing, advocacy and comprehensive services. PHSA's purpose is to maximize the cumulative talents of Early Head Start/Head Start parents, staff, administrators and friends to collectively improve the future for economically challenged children, families and communities, by providing quality leadership, training, information and advocacy at the local, state, regional and national levels.
Healthy Smiles, Happy Children: A Dentist for Every Child is a collaborative initiative of:
- The Region III Office of Head Start - ACF
- The Pennsylvania Head Start State Collaboration Office
- The Pennsylvania Head Start Association
Working Together To:
- Establish a Dental Home for every Head Start child
- Improve the well-being and ability to learn of low-income children
- Educate adults to prevent oral diseases in children
- Forge local collaborations that benefit dentists and young children
- Build lasting relationships with the dental community statewide
The Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (PA AAP) is a state level organization of approximately 2200 pediatricians who are dedicated to promoting the health and well being of children and the value of pediatric practice. The PA Chapter is a 501-c-3 not for profit incorporated educational organization that educates parents, professionals and the public about the needs of children. PAAAP accomplishes its mission through advocacy, education, quality improvement and practice support. In carrying out this mission, the Pennsylvania Chapter collaborates with any entities that touch the lives of children, including families, communities, media, public officials, insurers and other advocacy groups.
Healthy Teeth Healthy Children (HTHC), a program of the PAAAP:
- Provides educational oral health preventive programs to medical providers
- Promotes medical/dental collaboration to improve the oral healthcare delivery system in Pennsylvania
- Works to increase access to dental care for young children and adolescents
- Improves oral health literacy of families across the state